Terms & Conditions
- What these terms cover. These terms and conditions govern your use of our website (found at www.universal-defence.com) and the Services (as defined below) associated with it (the “Terms”).
- Use of the Services. By accessing, registering and using the Services (as defined below), you agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, do not access, register on our Website or use the Services. These Terms are effective from the date on which you first access, register on our Website or use the Services.
- Who we are. In these Terms, “UDSS”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Universal Defence and Security Solutions Limited, a company incorporated in England with registered number 11073592 whose registered office is at Ramsbury House, Charnham Lane, Hungerford, Berkshire RG17 0EY.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com or by calling us at (+44) 0207 199 4155.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us when you created your Account.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
- Do you need extra help? If you would like this contract in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us using the contact details above.
- Changes to these Terms. We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms from time to time, at our absolute discretion. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such changes.
In these Terms, except where the context requires otherwise, the following definitions shall apply:
- Account: an account created by a User on the Website when they register to use the Services;
- Activate: a Member accessing the Website and/or the Services through their Membership for the first time (including but not limited to the submission of a Registration Form) (and “Activated” shall be construed accordingly);
- Business User: any User (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any Member) acting otherwise than as a Consumer;
- Confirmation: the confirmation sent by UDSS to a Member confirming that their Account has been successfully created;
- Consumer: an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside their trade, business or profession;
- Materials: the materials and resources made available on the Website by UDSS to Members as part of the Services;
- Member: a User who has correctly submitted their Registration Form and been assigned an Account;
- Membership: a User’s membership to our Website and Services;
- Membership Contract: the legally binding contract between you and UDSS governing your legal rights and responsibilities and UDSS’s legal rights and responsibilities in relation to your Membership;
- Registration Form: the form that a User must complete in order to become a Member on our Website (which includes the Registration Terms);
- Registration Terms: the terms set out on our Website here and which Users must acknowledge and agree before registering as a Member and creating an Account;
- Services: the services provided by UDSS through the Website;
- Third Party Sites: websites and other resources provided by third parties;
- User: any user of the Website, or the Services, in accordance with these Terms (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any Member);
- User Content: any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted by a User to or on the Website (with UDSS’s prior written consent); and
- Website: our website.
Our contract with you
- Eligibility. You may only access and use the Website and the Services, and become a Member, if you have the legal capacity to form a binding legal contract under the laws of England and Wales. The Website and the Services will not be available to Users who have been temporarily suspended or blocked. The Website and the Services are only for Business Users (and not, for the avoidance of doubt, Consumers or children).
- Our contract with you. These Terms apply to your use of the Website and the Services, and also to your Membership with us. By accessing the Website and using the Services, you agree to be bound by these terms. When you register an Account with us, you agree to be bound by these Terms by clicking the “I have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions” when you first Activate your Membership.
- Employers are bound by these Terms. If you are agreeing to these Terms on behalf of your employer (or otherwise acting as an employee) then you warrant that you are authorised to enter into binding legal contracts on your employer’s behalf, and also that you have the authority to enter into legally binding contracts on your employer’s behalf.
Registration and Membership
- Member Registration. In order to become a Member and use some of the Services, and access certain parts of the Website, you will need to create an Account with us by completing a Registration Form. When you register an Account with us, you agree that you will:
- at all times provide us with true, accurate, current and complete personal information, including a valid email address, and promptly update your personal information associated with your Account if and when it changes;
- not create more than one Account without our prior written approval;
- not allow anyone else to access your registration details or your Account (except for Members with a Multi-User Membership, as agreed with us with our prior written consent);
- not use or attempt to use an anonymising proxy (a tool that attempts to make activity untraceable) or any similar tool; and
- keep your Account details (including your user identification code and password) safe and secure.
- Your Membership Contract. When you complete and submit your Registration Form to us (and provide us with your payment details), that is an offer to UDSS to become a Member which is subject to UDSS’s acceptance in writing. A Membership Contract between UDSS and you will only be formed when a Confirmation is sent by UDSS to you (whether or not it is received) using the contact details you provided at the time of registration.
- Membership duration. Membership Contracts last for a period of 12 months from the date on which the Confirmation is sent, save in circumstances where termination occurs earlier in accordance with these Terms.
- Activity under your Account and Membership. You are responsible for all use of the Website and the Services which occurs under or in connection with your Membership and/or Account, and for any breach of these Terms which occurs as a result of such use whether an unacceptable use occurs or is attempted, whether you knew or show have known about it, whether or not you carried out or attempted the unacceptable use alone, contributed to it or acted with others or allowed any unacceptable use to occur by omission.
- Membership within an organisation. Each Member shall be responsible for managing their Membership within their relevant organisation (including the administration of access to the Website and the Services). You may not add a User to your Membership who is not an employee or your organisation.
- No charge for basic Services. Our basic Services are free of charge and can be used subject to your compliance with these Terms.
- Your Membership automatically renews. You acknowledge that your Membership will automatically renew on an annual basis. You will be notified in advance of any such automatic renewal.
- Availability of the Services. You acknowledge that the Website and the Services may not be available, in whole or in part, in certain regions, countries or jurisdictions.
- Using the Services. You acknowledge that the Website and the Services are made available provided:
- they are only used in accordance with these Terms;
- they are not used (or attempted to be used) for anything illegal, immoral or improper; and
- all reasonable instructions given to you by UDSS are followed.
- Using the Services. You must not use the Website or the Services:
- in any way that does not comply with the terms of any legislation, statute, ordinance, regulation or any licence applicable to you;
- in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses (including for example trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, chain letters or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines) or harmful data, into the Website or the Services or any operating system;
- to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other Users; or
- in any way that infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy.
- Suspending the Services. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content contained therein, or the Services will always be available or be uninterrupted. We reserve the right to suspend or withdraw the Website and/or the Services:
- to deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- for business and operational reasons; and
- to update the Website and/or Services to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements,
- Changes to the Website and the Services. We reserve the right to change the content, presentation, performance and availability of any part of the Website and the Services at our sole discretion.
- Suspension and Termination of your Membership. UDSS reserves the right, in its absolute discretion and without prior notice, to suspend or permanently disable your Membership and/or your Account and/or your access to the Website with immediate effect and with no liability to you if:
- there has been any breach of these Terms by you or through your Membership and/or Account;
- you use the Website or the Services in any way that is disruptive to our clients, or in a way which in our reasonable opinion is likely to damage our reputation and bring us into disrepute;
- you breach or attempt to breach the security of the Website or the Services, including but not limited to: modifying or attempting to modify any information; unauthorised log-ins; unauthorised data access or deletion; interference with the Services, systems, host or network; reverse engineering of any kind of the Website or the Services; hacking; falsifying data; introducing viruses of any kind (including for example trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, chain letters or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines) or harmful data; or
- you are, in our reasonable opinion, using or attempting to use the Website and/or the Services in connection with any fraudulent, illegal or unethical activity, or are permitting a third party to do so.
- Multi-User Membership – leaving an organisation. In the event that you cease to be an employee of an organisation/employer which maintained a Multi-User Membership, you shall be treated in every respect as if your own Membership has come to an end.
Use of the Website
- The Website. While we try to make sure that the Website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Website will be fit or suitable for any purpose, and we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible in any way for User Content. Although Users may choose to conduct business related communications and transactions through the Website, UDSS is not involved in any such communications or transactions and as a result, UDSS has no control over the quality, safety, truth, accuracy or legality of any User Content (including but not limited to any products, items, vacancies, statements or services posted or offered through the Website by Members and/or Users). UDSS does not have any ability whatsoever to represent, warrant or guarantee the integrity of the providers or purchasers of such User Content. The views expressed by Users on the Website do not represent our views or values.
- If you wish to complain about content on the Website. Please use caution and common sense when using the Website. If you wish to complain about any User Content, or Materials, or any other content on the Website, please contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We reserve the right to remove content from the Website. We have the right to remove any content on the Website (including but not limited to any User Content and/or Materials) if, in our reasonable opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out in these Terms.
- Securing and backing up User Content. You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your User Content.
- Do not rely on information on the Website. The content on the Website (including the Materials and the User Content) and/or provided through the Services is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice of any kind (including financial, technical or legal) on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Website. Any reliance that you may place on any information on the Website is at your own risk. UDSS cannot guarantee and makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, veracity, or completeness of any information provided on the Website and/or through the Services (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the Materials and the User Content).
- We are not responsible for Third Party Sites. Where the Website contains hyperlinks to Third Party Sites, these hyperlinks are provided for your information only. Such hyperlinks to Third Party Sites should not be interpreted in any way as an approval by us of those linked Third Party Sites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of any Third Party Sites.
- Rules about linking to the Website. You may link to our home page on the Website (located here: /), provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the Website in any website that is not owned by you. The Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Any website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms.
- Disputes with other Members - release. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Members or Users, you agree to release UDSS (and our officers, employees, subsidiaries and agents) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of any kind and any nature, known and unknown, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in connection with any such dispute.
- Uploading content to the Website. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the Website, or to make contact with other users of the Website, you must comply with the content standards set out in these Terms. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Rights in the User Content. Any content you upload to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Website a limited licence to use, store and copy that User Content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- When we can disclose your identity. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Intellectual property rights in the Website and the Materials. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, the Services and the Materials, and in all the material published therein (except for those rights in the User Content), and those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Use of the Materials - Members. If you are a Member, UDSS hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide limited licence for the duration of your Membership to download, store, use, reproduce, transmit, display, copy and provide access to the Materials, and to use the Website and the Services, in accordance with the terms of your Membership and these Terms and at all times only for your own internal business purposes and not for any commercial or business use or any profit-making purposes whatsoever (without our prior written consent). Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the Materials) and the Services must always be acknowledged. You must not alter or remove any copyright notices or other notices indicating rights in the Materials.
Collection of information
- By accepting these Terms you authorise us to make inquiries about you. By accepting these Terms and using the Website and the Services, you authorise us to make any inquiries which we may consider necessary to validate the information which you provide to us. This may be done directly, for example by us asking you for additional information; or indirectly, by for example verifying your information against third party databases, referees or through other sources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- General. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Limitations and exclusions. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website (or any content on it) and/or the Services. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of (or inability to use) the Website or the Services; or
- reliance on any content on the Website or contained in the Services,
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Misuse of the site. The UDSS shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any damage caused by any misuse of the Website and/or the Services by you or any third party (or caused by any service).
- Errors, viruses etc. We do not warrant that the Website and the Services will be uninterrupted, error free, or free from service degradation, or that any information, software, or other material accessible on the Website or the Services are free from viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other code that manifests contaminating, interfering, or destructive properties. We cannot and do not guarantee the security or integrity of data transmission or storage, or that viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties will be detected or remediated by Website or the Services. Using the internet is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website and/or the Services or to your downloading of any content from the Website, or on any website linked to it.
- We are not liable for your use of information. Under no circumstances will UDSS be liable for direct, indirect or consequential losses resulting from your use of any information, commentary, advice or other content (including, for the avoidance of doubt, the Materials and the User Content) on the Website irrespective of who the contributor is.
- Security. You acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of the Website and/or the Services against unlawful access or use. You should make sure that you have adequate security to prevent unlawful access to or use of the Website and the Services, access to your computing equipment or disclosure of your confidential information.
- Events beyond our control. We do not, in any event, accept responsibility for any failure to make the Website available and/or to provide the Services as a result of circumstances or events which could reasonably be considered as unforeseen and/or outside our control (including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident) or as a result of our obligations under any applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify (and to keep indemnified) on demand, defend and hold harmless UDSS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from and against any claim, demand, liability, cost, damage or lost it (or they) may incur, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms, your use of the Materials and/or the Website and/or the Services, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
Other important terms
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation.
- You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Terms in the English courts.